1. US Dollar bills are made out of cotton and linen.
2. The "57" on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of pickle types the company once had.
3. Americans are responsible for about 1/5 of the world's garbage annually. On average, that's 3 pounds a day per person.
4. Giraffes and rats can last longer without water than camels.
5.The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
6. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
7. A "2 by 4" is really 1 1/2 by 3 1/2.
8. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
9. Slugs have four noses.
10 Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
11. The average raindrop falls at 7 miles per hour.
12. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.